Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 125
Brains : 19234

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Vide
PostSubject: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Your Forum Review
CodZ Forum

http://help.forumotion.com/forum-reviews-f60/call-of-duty-zombie-forum-review-t56204.htm
Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score:12/20):When i first opened your forum as a guest, i'd seen big widgets at column 1(left)(-1), i would also try to scroll to the right to see the other messages on your portal(-1), try reducing your portal's width and also the widget size on column1(left) ,also,your index appearance looks empty on the left portion of your forum(-1), its because the 'latest topic' widget there is not visible to guests, i suggest you to make it visible to guests. Also, your index appearance is not that organized,The latest topic widget is having so many topic ranging to 25 or so latests topics(-1), it would be good having only 10 topics there to make it small, when you apply these, replace some widgets on the remaining space on the left portion of your forum, also,the 'latest topic widget' is place at the left that makes it look messy(-1), it is more suitable to place it at the right(just like here on the support forums), also as a guest first, i saw the icons beside the forum not having the same sizes of triangles(-1) which makes it more confusing and not that organized. The chatbox is also at the top that looks horrible there(-1), i suggest you to just place it at the bottom to supply the remaining space at the buttom part of your forum. Your forum also looks empty with just 8 forums splitted/shown on the index and 1 category(-1).

2. Categories & Forums (Score:6/10):As i've said above, your forum looks empty with only 8 forums and 1 category on the index(-1). Also, the introduction and site news forum is placed inside the general information forum(-1), i suggest you to bring them out and place them in a category placed at the 1st portion(create a category for them) so that guests can know whats going on the forum and new members can find the introduction forum easily. I also suggest you to place also the Question,suggestion, issues forum to the 1st category(-1) so that members can find it easily. I also suggest you to create a category for off topic(-1) placed at the bottom and place the 'off topic' forum there so it will be separated to the games/call of duty section. Otherwise, most of the forums created there are gaming/call of duty related. Get the things i mentioned fixed.

Generalities total:18/30

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score:8/10):
    Banner-The banner looks cool and really tells what your forum is about, but the only thing wrong i've seen is the word 'zombies' blocking the 'call of duty word'(-1), i suggest you to move it down a little more so it will not block the other words.(4/5)

Navigation Bar-The navigation bars(home,search,faq,members,etc.) is good, the same with the other colors on your forum which is dark red/maroon. The navigation bars(new topic, post reply) are also good but they have white background(-1) which is the alternate color of black(black is the main color of your forum), try having dark colors on it or try partnering they're style and color.(4/5)

2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score:10/10):your forum's main color which is black plus maroon looks good with a gaming/call of duty forum. I can read messages clearly on your board, black plus gray is alo good for a call of duty forum.

3. Images & Icons (Score:6/10):The icons 'new post', 'no new post' and 'forum is locked' looks bad with your forum's subject(-1), i don't really think it relates with call of duty having triangle form, Try having images with guns, weapons, etc. on it but be sure to have them the same styles and sizes. Who's online icon is also not good(-1), because it is only having text there, try having graphics there realted to call of duty. I'm so confused with your topic icons, first, the topic icons, 'new post', 'new post[popular]' and 'no new post[popular]' have the same icons(-1), also with 'new post[locked]' and 'no new post[locked]'(-1), try having differen icons of them but have the same styles with them. get those things fixed

Style total:24/30

Population & Groups

1. Staff Population (Score:10/10):In total, there are 1 admins, kind of good but its really hard for you to control this active forum and members sugesstions, i suggest you to get atleast 1-2 more admins to help you assist on member's suggestion, be sure to have the 1 you could trust. You have 7 moderators, nice amount of mods to control this kind if active forum. I didn't include the other members in other groups because i think they are not staff status

2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score:6/10):Considering you have 7 usergroups, 2 of them are considered staff groups and the others are for miscallaneous, the only wrong i'd seen is the name of the group 'what we know' rt(-1), the description of this group where members contributed in making zombie maps, i can suggest you to have specific name for this group(example: zombie map maker or what you like), the 'treyarch' group is for people affiliated directly to tryarch, but i really don't have idea with this, i can suggest you to just hide this group to save more space otherwise, i don't think it should be displayed on the legend(-1), you can just have ranks for them. The 'Uk zombies' groups(-1) is for members from uk, don't have any idea with this also, but you can just hide this group and make ranks for them to save more space, the same with 'affiliates' group(-1), don't also have an idea with this but as i've said above you can hide this group and have them ranks to save more space. Get thos things fixed

Usergroup total:16/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score:9/10):In total, you have 20,491 plus messages on your forum with 3469 members, overwhelming. I'd seen so many posts in every forums. If i were to divide the posts to your members, each members will get 5 posts. I've seen so many members posted 300 plus messages. Nice work here. (-1)for not making all members posted atleast 1.

2. Users Active (Score:10/10):Very good here! according to the statistics, there are 50 users being most online, thats really overwhelming, also with the members connected last 24 hours, i guess there are about 90-100 members connected in past 24 hours, i'd also seen almost all of the staff logged in. Very nice work here. Kudos. send weekly newsletters to get the inactive members back

Activity total:19/20

Overall Mark:77/100
CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Picture2-17

Conclusion

Great work, and best of luck to you and your forum!

Last edited by carbonfibah on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://callofdutyzombies.com
MINUS Stl
Graphics
ModeratorGraphics
MINUS Stl

Zombification : 14
Brains : 12515

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:55 pm

My gripe about the review....the banner section. Razz They seriously think the "Zombies" text shouldn't overlap the "Call of Duty"?? Does "Zombies" block it that much to where someone can't comprehend that it says "Call of Duty"? Wow...
Back to top Go down
http://www.weplaycod.net
Ibanez

Ibanez

Zombification : 28
Brains : 12081

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Yeah, how does Zombies block the Call of Duty. And he's critizing the What We Know RT group name because he thinks it meant that the people in the group made the zombie maps? lol. Well IMO i think we shoud have gotten at least an 85.
Back to top Go down
Clasher94
Zombie
Zombie
Clasher94

Zombification : 16
Brains : 11556

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Are you serious he's made us lose a point just because the zombies sign. Obviously people know it's call of duty, you can basically see that it's says Call Of Duty. Whoever wrote this review needs to open their eyes more.
Back to top Go down
Stealth
Zombie
Zombie
Stealth

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( England-1
Zombification : 10
Brains : 11685

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:55 pm

A New Admin eh, id Be Up For That Wink
Back to top Go down
firevice

firevice

Zombification : 25
Brains : 12756

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Stealthy Boy oO wrote:
A New Admin eh, id Be Up For That Wink
Lol...

I think the grade they give this site is BS. They're jealous of carbon and Minus's handiwork
Back to top Go down
http://www.dmclanforum.com
Juice503
Zombie
Zombie
Juice503

Zombification : 3
Brains : 11611

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:40 pm

To be honest, I think they should have givien around an 82-84. Plus, I believe that Covert would be a good choice for Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingtoday-josh.blogspot.com
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

Zombification : 125
Brains : 19234

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Here is where the review came from....

http://help.forumotion.com/forum-reviews-f60/call-of-duty-zombie-forum-review-t56204.htm
Back to top Go down
http://callofdutyzombies.com
Juice503
Zombie
Zombie
Juice503

Zombification : 3
Brains : 11611

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Still though, great work on the forum Carbon
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingtoday-josh.blogspot.com
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13421

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Well, we like it, thats all that matters. Why the F** would we need a new admin? if they were here, they'd understand how the mods and single admin work together well

Who can't read call of duty? lol! a monkey could read it.

All in all, its just review. at the begginning, some people said zombies was a desperate attempt from treyarch.

they can take their revew, and SHOVE IT
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
xCrazzyGuy92x

xCrazzyGuy92x

Zombification : 21
Brains : 12900

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Carbon its a only a review... Everyone here thinks that you have done an outstanding job.. Dont ever think this isnt a good site. When in fact this is a GREAT site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UneasyJmitchell
Human
Human
UneasyJmitchell

Zombification : 0
Brains : 10652

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:49 pm

you got a ticket from the website police, lol. i like the codz site personally.
Back to top Go down
theBobcatte
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
theBobcatte

Zombification : 5
Brains : 11040

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Can anyone tell me exactly why this reviewer matters? The grammar is awful and it's so nitpicky... I am just curious where this person gets off acting like some kind of authority on forums.
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13421

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:44 pm

well, he is the guy that runs the forum hosting service.
He has seen hundreds of forums, and knows what people want

however, he seems to want the site to be more user-friendly. we all here are technically literate, so we dont need the noob things he is suggesting.
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
lovegun
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
lovegun

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Mexico
Zombification : 17
Brains : 12817

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:27 pm

the guy is real picky. i bet everybody in this site knows that up top it says Call Of Duty. and the " What we Know Group" was a good idea. Uk zombies is pretty obvious that the guy is from UK. wonder how he got the job if HE CANT EVEN REVIEW right...... site rocks..... i would've gave out at leas 80-85. he wants to have a picture next to EVERY text.....wow....i mean seriously..... in my opinion this forum is thumbs up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Derrek Lee 25
Zombie
Zombie
Derrek Lee 25

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Palestine-1
Zombification : 4
Brains : 11517

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey, carbon don't let ONE guy change your mind. take his comments and twist them around to shoot it back in his face making him regret what he said. (example)

one time my baseball coach hated me. i was the star player in the team but he hated me because i wouldn't give 110% during practice. he would always bench me and put me in the outfield(i hated to play there)

so during the championchip game, i was in the outfield (bored) and a ball was hit to me.... all i had to do was take 2 steps foward and we would have won the game. but i didn't "feel" getting the ball, so i didn't they won the game because of that and they got trophies because they won. after the game my coach was MAD.
i got a trophy that day and it was making my coach mad and making him feel stupid for doing that to me, and i never regret the fact that i did that.
Back to top Go down
lovegun
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
lovegun

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Mexico
Zombification : 17
Brains : 12817

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Derrek Lee 25 wrote:
Hey, carbon don't let ONE guy change your mind. take his comments and twist them around to shoot it back in his face making him regret what he said. (example)

one time my baseball coach hated me. i was the star player in the team but he hated me because i wouldn't give 110% during practice. he would always bench me and put me in the outfield(i hated to play there)

so during the championchip game, i was in the outfield (bored) and a ball was hit to me.... all i had to do was take 2 steps foward and we would have won the game. but i didn't "feel" getting the ball, so i didn't they won the game because of that and they got trophies because they won. after the game my coach was MAD.
i got a trophy that day and it was making my coach mad and making him feel stupid for doing that to me, and i never regret the fact that i did that.

hahahahahahaha...lol.......thats funny........but he's got a point
Back to top Go down
Derrek Lee 25
Zombie
Zombie
Derrek Lee 25

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( Palestine-1
Zombification : 4
Brains : 11517

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:22 pm

lovegun wrote:
Derrek Lee 25 wrote:

hahahahahahaha...lol.......thats funny........but he's got a point

yeah, now i play for the team that we lost to and the coach always puts me were i want because i help them out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
KNO1ATALL

Zombification : 9
Brains : 12455

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 am

strwrsbob wrote:
they can take their revew, and SHOVE IT

Up Their Man-ginas.

Their review is bullshizz.

I'd Take this review, and throw it on the ground! Ex:
Back to top Go down
daguysitinextou
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
daguysitinextou

Zombification : -2
Brains : 11025

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 am

Wow Bailey, I mean KNO1ATALL. You cant buy me hotdog man!
Back to top Go down
daguysitinextou
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
daguysitinextou

Zombification : -2
Brains : 11025

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:41 am

Can someone tell me how to get a picture on my account?
Back to top Go down
DeltaFlame
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
DeltaFlame

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 0
Brains : 11531

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:51 am

carbon don't listen to this guy a few tweaks but nothing major like the banner. i click the site and i see BAM! Call of Duty Zombies so i think 84/85 but the good thing is we passed right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(   CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoDz Forum Reviewed by Forumotion, 77/100 =(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information :: Site News-