Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

2 New CoDz Mods Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 108
Brains : 14198

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

I believe the reason that he said that was because of her attitude. Though we don't like to admit it, us as Mods can get frustrated with situations like this when they are directed towards us. The way that Lissa handled all the skepticism about the decision for her to be a Mod is very uncommon. I'm not saying it's wrong that she handled it that way, but it's just different. That's why she will be an interesting person to work with.

And speaking on behalf of all the Mods, we all are looking forward to working with the new Mods that we have gotten. We can tell already that we've made the right choice. Sometimes what we do doesn't always appeal to the community, but we do these things for a reason. Like I've said before, these things take time, and we sure did put a lot of time into this decision.

One last thing I'd like to say is that although you may not agree or approve of our decisions, you should still abide by them and not question it. We've done this long enough to give us the experience to make these decisions. I think we know what we're doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.abstract360.com
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 PuertoRico-1
Zombification : 10
Brains : 11119

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 pm

CovertGunman wrote:
I believe the reason that he said that was because of her attitude. Though we don't like to admit it, us as Mods can get frustrated with situations like this when they are directed towards us. The way that Lissa handled all the skepticism about the decision for her to be a Mod is very uncommon. I'm not saying it's wrong that she handled it that way, but it's just different. That's why she will be an interesting person to work with.

And speaking on behalf of all the Mods, we all are looking forward to working with the new Mods that we have gotten. We can tell already that we've made the right choice. Sometimes what we do doesn't always appeal to the community, but we do these things for a reason. Like I've said before, these things take time, and we sure did put a lot of time into this decision.

One last thing I'd like to say is that although you may not agree or approve of our decisions, you should still abide by them and not question it. We've done this long enough to give us the experience to make these decisions. I think we know what we're doing.

Is gonna take me a while to adjust to these settings.I got to get used to them.Right know,Im a little worried with your decision.Lets have faith you did the good and right choice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

Zombification : 108
Brains : 14198

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm

And that's ok to feel that way. We don't blame you. All we're saying is that you should have faith in us on our decisions. And if you're having trouble doing that, then just simply give it some time to play out and see how things end up. And who knows, maybe things will end up being a lot better than you ever expected, and that's what we're hoping for. So, if anything, just let it sink in for a while and deal with it for the time being. Take a step back, and give it some perspective. Stay low for the time being and just watch how things play out.

Last edited by CovertGunman on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.abstract360.com
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:36 pm

CovertGunman wrote:
And that's ok to feel that way. We don't blame you. All we're saying is that you should faith in us on our decisions. And if you're having trouble doing that, then just simply give it some time to play out and see how things end up. And who knows, maybe things will end up being a lot better than you ever expected, and that's what we're hoping for. So, if anything, just let it sink in for a while and deal with it for the time being. Take a step back, and give it some perspective. Stay low for the time being and just watch how things play out.

Im trusting you Covert,lol.Lets hope and wait for now.
Back to top Go down
xCrazzyGuy92x

xCrazzyGuy92x

Zombification : 21
Brains : 12988

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Nicely put covert Very Happy Thumbs Up How did i know this was going to happen? Please guys why would we make a false account to mess with you? We are more mature than that. I find this very rude to see someone that has been here for a while to act this rude to a member. Especially one that wants to be a mod in the future. Here, when carbon said he would like lissa to be a mod i did this number scratch but after he gave us more reason i felt like she would be a very good person for the spot. I dont think any of you would want to be on the other side of this. Just think about it. You just became of a mod of a very great site that is only at the beginning. A site that is going to more popular in the year to come. And some of the other members arent liking you cause they didnt get the spot. And they kept shooting you down.. You wouldnt like that. Well guess what. I have been on that side. When the first UOTM contest came out and other members thought i was making more accounts for votes. I didnt like it. I felt hurt that someone would say that. And they understood and now we are great friends (niho) So back on subject. For anyone that makes another mean post about lissa or ibanez will be getting a - rep from me. And i will be asking carbon abouot putting your warning bar down..

And of course. Congrats lissa and ibanez! Very Happy you both deserve this. Also i was the first to post in here saying congrats but carbon deleted it and locked the topic Sad meany lol
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm

xCrazzyGuy92x wrote:
Nicely put covert Very Happy Thumbs Up How did i know this was going to happen? Please guys why would we make a false account to mess with you? We are more mature than that. I find this very rude to see someone that has been here for a while to act this rude to a member. Especially one that wants to be a mod in the future. Here, when carbon said he would like lissa to be a mod i did this number scratch but after he gave us more reason i felt like she would be a very good person for the spot. I dont think any of you would want to be on the other side of this. Just think about it. You just became of a mod of a very great site that is only at the beginning. A site that is going to more popular in the year to come. And some of the other members arent liking you cause they didnt get the spot. And they kept shooting you down.. You wouldnt like that. Well guess what. I have been on that side. When the first UOTM contest came out and other members thought i was making more accounts for votes. I didnt like it. I felt hurt that someone would say that. And they understood and now we are great friends (niho) So back on subject. For anyone that makes another mean post about lissa or ibanez will be getting a - rep from me. And i will be asking carbon abouot putting your warning bar down..

And of course. Congrats lissa and ibanez! Very Happy you both deserve this. Also i was the first to post in here saying congrats but carbon deleted it and locked the topic Sad meany lol

Who were you talking about?

PS:Sorry Lisa for acting this way.Im just not so sure for now,of course.Let me get used to it.
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13509

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Im gonna say the same sing coqui said. Also, I was never doubting you as a person, or you abilities, simply the decision. Im gonna have to live with it for now.
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 pm

well, after what crazzy said, im sorry. my chances of being a mod are killed, but who cares? I can still contribute in every way possible. I guess what im saying is what did carbon say to you guys that convinced you? All I've gotten so far is "you have to trust us" and "we made the right decision". I am just a little confused and upset that Im supposed to have faith (which I do), but I havent got a reason yet. Im sorry for everything, Im cool now. Lissa, non of the things I said was directed at you, I directed at the other mods out of my frustration. And with that, I'd also like to say sorry to the mod team, and carbon, for being so rude. I should have kept some respect for the higher ranking members in this situation. Id also like to say sorry to anyone else who knew what I said was rude, I am sorry for messing up how other members view my demeanor.
Back to top Go down
xCrazzyGuy92x

xCrazzyGuy92x

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 pm

The reason doesnt matter. Im sorry for being mean. But when we say you should trust us its cause we dont feel like we need to explain. We have talked about it. And her or ibanez would not have been mods if we as a mod team didnt feel like they were going to be good ones
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

Zombification : 125
Brains : 19322

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Obviously there is a lack of faith in my reasoning, I assume because you are unaware of what that reasoning is.... maybe this will shed some light on the subject.

Why I chose Lissa110

First off, here is her essay

Why I Want to Be a Callofdutyzombies.com Moderator

Why would I like to be a call of duty zombies moderator? I spent some time thinking about it and how I would then incorporate that into a one thousand word essay. The main reason would be for the obvious reason, I love Nazi Zombies, there is nothing like it in the world. No other zombie games will do (even though they are still fun.) I wasn’t a big fan of "shoot em up's", or any type of shooting games prior to Call of Duty, World at War. I would watch my family and friends play multiplayer and I would join in a few times but, would get bored easily. That was until Nazi Zombies became unlocked. I wanted to play any game of zombies i could get my hands on, it was great. Who knew a game you couldn’t beat would be so much fun. Then when Verruckt came out it was crazy I knew I had to have it. After I had bought my mspoints the system wouldn’t let me get it. I later found out many people wanted the map pack just as much as I did.
Once Verruckt came out it started a little competition between my husband and I. I had reached level 27 rather quickly (with in 2 days of having the map,) which was when my husband was stuck on 20 or so. Which with him being a man and as he says he is "a better player", then myself, spent two and a half weeks trying to beat my high level. In Verruckt i was one of the first players I played with that found the music easter egg. It was a joy when people would be like "is that music, how did that get on here", I loved sharing that type of info on how I would get it on. I started to following jd_2020 on twitter to get any info on zombies and also I had started going to callofduty.com to get the latest Intel. Through jd_2020 twitter page i found carbonfibah's twitter page and i was hooked from then on.
Then Shi No Numa came out and that is when I became increasingly interested in the zombies. next up would be when callofdutyzombies.com started i would go on almost every day to every couple of days, to get the newest info. I would then go share all of the information i just learned with everyone i knew, whether they played zombies or not. That still continues today with the Der Riese map.
Getting on to other things besides the greatness of zombies. The website is the best. I loved when the interactive maps were added. I listened to all the radios. My favorite category was the map pack four predictions, but as we have heard there may not be another map pack. What i can’t get over is the "fly trap". I feel there is something missing with it. I know there has to be more then just getting the achievements to activate it. Shouldn’t you then be able to use something you activate/ turn on?
I feel that if i were to become a moderator i could both help people on the website and while playing the game. I know i have not posted to many things on the site, but i do really enjoy reading all the different threads. Now correct me if I'm wrong but when i have seen the other mods i think you all are guys, correct? If i am wrong sorry to the female mods. I think it would be great to have females opinion on so of this stuff. Video games are not only for boys anymore and there is a growing number of females playing zombies.
Any ways one thousand words is a lot to write. I just think i would be a good mod. I like to read others opinions and share my own. I also like to direct people where to go and what to see. I obviously love zombies and love to talk about them also.
[A little about me] I am married and have one six year old son. I work in retention for a TV service. I find playing zombies to be a very relaxing way to pass the time. I play almost everyday (you would have to exclude the last couple of weeks because like everybody I've been playing Modern Warfare 2. When I’m not playing my husband plays and our son loves zombies so he plays also. I know, urrgh kid players should not play, he is actually a really good player sometimes whines but otherwise has higher levels on some of the maps then I do. My favorite game, but of course, is Call of Duty World at War. My second favorite would then be Left 4 Dead, i haven’t played the second one yet. Like i previously said i didn’t really enjoy just "shoot em ups" since playing zombies i have actually come to like multiplayer a lot.
Well since I am not too sure what else to put in this essay i guess i can go into my opinions on what the story line is about. I also was going to include my predictions on the next map pack, but i have modified this to what i think a game should be about. Then i will just include what a may like or dislike about the website..
Obviously Dr. Richthofen was one of the first people who started this. Probably to build a super army of the undead. Somehow Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai fit in. this makes me think that all four countries, United States of America, Japan, and Russia were working together secretly. At the same time though Dr. Richthofen mentions that "they" (Germany) need to work faster to beat the Americans. The four different governments send in there best men to keep it quiet and contained. By the way they talk in Der Riese it sounds like they have been together for long time. All for men are gripping and talking a lot of trash to one another.
Now if Treyarch does decide to make a standalone game of zombies I think it should have two different types of ways to play. The story line and endless play. The story line would start at the beginning we would see how the guys came about and it would follow a basic story line. Then endless play would be how zombies are now, it is very important to have this level, because one of the appeals of this game is that it doesn’t end no matter what level you get to. One of these endless play maps should be some type of map that is very open where there aren’t very many places to hide. It would be hard and your team would have to work together to get far. It would but of course need to have some hiding places i wouldn’t want it to be too hard. I feel this endless play could be done as say a multiplayer type map or you can also try it solo. I would also like to try the endless play with more then four players in a match, it may work? I would also like to see some underground levels, secret tunnels maybe. That would be awesome. The secret tunnels could lead to houses or buildings all over the map.
So as I near the one thousand word mark, i will conclude my "Why I Want To Be Callofdutyzombies.com mod" by saying it would be my honor and pleasure to be picked. i would love to talk about zombies and help out in any way i could to further websites success.

What I had to say about her.....

She is a girl. She also is very intelligent. I loved reading some of her ideas and views and opinions on zombies. She will be a perfect mod, and here is why. She doesn't post a lot. However she is on here a lot, reading. We need a mod who is all about the reading. I trust her to edit and moderate the forums as she is very interested in the content. It will be so nice to have her come on browse and read and make changes and fix issues as she goes. She appears a very dependable and friendly person and I can't wait to get to know her better.
Back to top Go down
http://callofdutyzombies.com
xCrazzyGuy92x

xCrazzyGuy92x

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Thank you carbon. This should end things.
Back to top Go down
lissa110

lissa110

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10978

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 am

Ok thats alot to read, right? Embarassed (jk) So lets stop worrying about me for now, we will give it some time and maybe everybody will have a change of heart, eventually. I would like some suggestions on what you would like to see Ibanez and I do for the website as the new mods? Is there anything different you would do with the forum if you were given the chance?
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:53 am

alright, well thank you carbon. I understand what reasoning is.... Really?I guess we both dont have faith in one another? Razz
I really thank you for the reasons. I needed them because I was asking myself "how can he think a person who posted 15 times in 6 months can contribute to the site?" I now understand.

What an awesome essay lissa! blew mine out of the sky! I really agree with the decision now, a emale opinion is needed on the site, as well as someone who is Really still thinking about the storyline. (I have let it slip a little). Congrats lissa & Ibanez you guys and gals really deserve it!
heres to me stopping being a D***! Beers
Back to top Go down
lissa110

lissa110

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10978

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 am

Well thank you very much, Carbon did say I was qualified.
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:00 am

lissa110 wrote:
Well thank you very much, Carbon did say I was qualified.
+1 rep for the awesome essay you wrote there.Gotta say,you made me believe in you.No more posts for me in this topic.Lissa,I was horribly wrong about you.You will be one of the best mods ever and you have gained my respect.
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 am

Lissa has 19 posts and a zombification of 12.... that is pretty darn good in my books
Back to top Go down
YoungMaxwell

YoungMaxwell

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 England-1
Zombification : 29
Brains : 14006

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 am

carbonfibah wrote:
Lissa has 19 posts and a zombification of 12.... that is pretty darn good in my books

Agreed. Lets all now move on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.callofdutyzombies.com
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 Wales-2
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13589

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

I don't think it's the post count that was getting to anyone, it was commitment to the forum. When people have spent time and effort adding stuff to the 'what we know' section and writing posts, informing people about the site, helping out other members and making their presence known it can be a little gutting when someone gets given the job of mod that they didn't even know existed. I believe you though, Lissa seems more than qualified for this position and not to mention a lovely person. I look forward to seeing more posts from her on the boards Smile .
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
I don't think it's the post count that was getting to anyone, it was commitment to the forum. When people have spent time and effort adding stuff to the 'what we know' section and writing posts, informing people about the site, helping out other members and making their presence known it can be a little gutting when someone gets given the job of mod that they didn't even know existed. I believe you though, Lissa seems more than qualified for this position and not to mention a lovely person. I look forward to seeing more posts from her on the boards Smile .

Glad you are coming around, for a moment there I thought I was going to have to send you a large sum in check form to persuade you to have faith in my choice Razz
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Id like to cash that check, sir?
Where is Ibanez? are you hiding?
Back to top Go down
Ibanez

Ibanez

Zombification : 28
Brains : 12169

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 pm

No im actually not hiding. I just have not wanted to post in here because I didn't feel that I needed to do anything just because people thought that the decision made by the founder and admin of this site on the new moderators was questionable and they are willing to argue about it. And I just wish that people will just accept carbon's choice made.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 Wales-2
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13589

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

carbonfibah wrote:
Homicidal_llama2 wrote:

Glad you are coming around, for a moment there I thought I was going to have to send you a large sum in check form to persuade you to have faith in my choice Razz

Yup, I have ultimate faith in you, but I'll accept a cheque anyway if ones going!
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Ibanez wrote:
No im actually not hiding. I just have not wanted to post in here because I didn't feel that I needed to do anything just because people thought that the decision made by the founder and admin of this site on the new moderators was questionable and they are willing to argue about it. And I just wish that people will just accept carbon's choice made.
I'd like you to know I wasnt trying to seems rude to you as "Ibanez isnt posting either!", I meant i havent seen Mr. New mod! congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 New CoDz Mods Announced   2 New CoDz Mods Announced - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 New CoDz Mods Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information :: Site News-