Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

MW2 vs WAW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Triixster
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
Triixster

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 12
Brains : 12780

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:09 am

i switch back and forth, the ump is another overpowered weapon, i like a lot of things about mw2, except that the maps are just set up perfectly for campers, waw never had this many campers, and the game is so easy 2 hack also, cause of no dedicated servers
Back to top Go down
http://downfallofhumanity.forumsmotion.com
alp360
Zombie
Zombie
alp360

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 5
Brains : 11516

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:29 am

surely the problem with the MP40 was that it was more effective than any other gun at short - medium range and was hard to compete with so everyone used it. If you've got RPD and AUG over long range, m16 over mid and models over short to mid surely that provides more of a balance (although not perfect)?

You can take out any blinged model carrier by sticking to long range. You can take out any long range RPD's by getting up close and personal. Doesn't that only emphasises an inflexibility on the gamers part not the fault of the game?

Spec Ops sucks V Zombies although is interesting. If you complete it though, then what? You can't complete Zombies.

What's your issue with the perks listed? Don't use them much.

Re the hacking and modding, WAW had all those problems and much more (under maps glitching, GAH!) at first but Treyarch fixed it. Give IW some time, they fixed Javelin glitch and had a go at the models, lets see what else.

I think the big thing for me will be the add ons - I need new maps and hopefully new spec ops missions - treyarch excelled at this.
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 PuertoRico-1
Zombification : 10
Brains : 11135

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Hmmm I think another topic exactly like this one was made a long time ago.Anyway,I enjoyed WaW a long time.I personally was a fan boy of it too but then later on I did played some Cod Modern Warfare.As time passed along I was in love with most of the guns and most of its campaign.Then later on as I watched some videos and gameplays,I said to myself-WOW,Modern Warfare 2 is gonna kick of some as$.So for my opinion,I would say that Modern Warfare 2 is the best Cod Title for now...

P.S.-Hmmmmmm could a moderator merge or move this topic to the other one very similar to it,please.

Coqui123
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Wales-2
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13605

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 am

I pretty much made this thread a few weeks ago: https://codzombies.forumotion.net/cod-waw-f13/mw2-vs-waw-t1628.htm .

I completely agree though. As soon as I started playing MW2 I wasn't a fan. It's not just the glitches or faults that get me though, it's the whole general feeling of the game. I much preferred WaW WW2 setting with it's gritty graphics and violence. In my opinion MW2 is just a victim of it's own hype and is just an average game at best.
Back to top Go down
lissa110

lissa110

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Zombification : 18
Brains : 10994

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Ok the topics are combined. Thanks for leaving the link homicidal. On topic note, codwaw, you dont just have to play multiplayer or like war missions.
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:36 pm

lissa110 wrote:
Ok the topics are combined. Thanks for leaving the link homicidal. On topic note, codwaw, you dont just have to play multiplayer or like war missions.
Thanks Lisa for merging the topics.oh and Homicidal_Llama is right.I was playing WaW like 20 min. ago and I just felt better.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah, what I love about WaW is theres no bull****. You just turn it on, join a game and you're away. With MW2 you've got to fanny around with all the annoying classes, add-ons whatever and to be quite honest it looks way to crowded. I've just been playing on WaW and had great fun!
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
Yeah, what I love about WaW is theres no bull****. You just turn it on, join a game and you're away. With MW2 you've got to fanny around with all the annoying classes, add-ons whatever and to be quite honest it looks way to crowded. I've just been playing on WaW and had great fun!
I invited you for some zombies with strwrsbob,homicidal cuban,and me.Sadly my ps3 was like acting crazy and suddenly when we were on level 12 or 13 my Cod Waw disc just suddenly got ejected from the ps3.Weird how it happened to Mw2 also.
Back to top Go down
jackyboy1384
Zombie
Zombie
jackyboy1384

Zombification : 19
Brains : 12122

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Okay, I guess it's time to give my opinion on this.

Well, I agree with cbranger in that MW2 has far too many problems: Overpowered guns, ridiculously unfair perks, glitches, and other stuff.
Remember this though: Treyarch used to have many glitches in WAW. Over time they fixed them. Give IW some time and they will fix the glitches too (Btw, I've never even heard of Care Package Kniving, what is that?).
WAW-0 MW2-0

I also agree with Homicidal in that all the guns in WAW seemed to have, like, their own 'personality'. It's like you can just identify that gun at a single glance. Whereas, in MW2 all of the guns look the same, plain and uninteresting.
WAW-1 MW2-0

The gameplay on MW2 is better than the gameplay on WAW tenfold. High-speed snowmobile chases, ziplining out of an exploding prison, and other stuff? Even WAW fanboys have to admit that's bad-ass. With WAW you get the same thing over and over. Shoot the Germans/Japanese and make them retreat (Except in one mission when you are a gunner in a plane, I had some fun doing that mission).
WAW-1 MW2-1

Now this ought to count for 100 points for WAW, the fact that WAW has ZOMBIES!!

zombie 3 fighter
Zombies made WAW ten times more popular, and is the only reason most people haven't sold their copies of WAW (me included). MW2 does have Spec Ops, which partly replaces zombies. Not much. Spec Ops can be a blast to play with a friend at first, but once you've done them all, they might as well not be there. Zombies always gives you the same thrill whenever you play it. I played a game just earlier and I got just as excited about how well I'd do as I would have early August when Der Riese was released. Even more maps would have made zombies even better but we can't say we aren't satisfied with what Treyarch has given us. I'm sure that IW will make MP's for MW2 which will hopefully include more Spec Ops. But think about this: If they do make more Spec Ops, they will have to alter most of the trophies about Spec Ops and add new ones.
WAW-3 MW2-2

Now, I enjoyed almost every map on WAW, they just had such a classic feel, and I felt really comfortable playing on all of them. But I absolutely detest about half of the maps on MW2. These include:
Derail
Estate
Karachi
Rundown
Now, obviously these are just my opinions. Feel free to say whatever you like.
There were a couple of maps on WAW that I didn't like, including:
Cliffside
Hangar
Knee Deep
Outskirts
But the majority of the maps were fine with me.
WAW-4 MW2-2

MW2 has a lot of add-ons, and perhaps the add-on that stands out the most from previous CoD games is the ability to change your killstreaks to suit whatever purposes you might have. Having new killstreaks is so much better than having a pre-set killstreak line-up. In WAW it was just boring. Recon, airstrike, dogs. Recon, airstrike, dogs. Over and over again. Once you got dogs there was nothing else to work towards. But having new killstreaks going up to even 25 kills gives you a massive goal to reach, which makes the game a lot more fun and challenging at the same time.
MW2 also has many new perks. While some make the game very unfair for others when everyone abuses them (Cold-Blooded, Commando, Danger Close, One Man Army, etc.), many make the game more fun for you to play (Bling, Hardline, Lightweight, Marathon, Scavenger, etc.).
Another add-on that really stands out is the addition of new deathstreaks. While Painkiller tends to run out before you even get back in the battle, Copycat can let you use guns better than your rank, Martyrdom can kill enemies unexpectedly and Final Stand can completely humiliate your enemy if you're fast enough.
I think, overall, MW2 has better 'stuff' than WAW in general.
WAW-4 MW2-4

So there you go, WAW-4 MW2-4
In my opinion, MW2 is more fun to play, but WAW just has that 'classic' feel to it and zombies, well, zombies is always a blast to get a few friends over and take on the undead horde.
I think I've wasted enough of your time if you've read all of this, so that's it now.

-Jackyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
A Groping Walrus
Human
Human
A Groping Walrus

Zombification : 1
Brains : 10902

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:16 am

I don't have a favourite map on MW2.
But on WaW, I love them all.

I love the era.
Back to top Go down
srm-trpr78
Zombie
Zombie
srm-trpr78

Zombification : 12
Brains : 11145

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Great work jack!
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 am

Really good work Jack. I agree on most of those points that you've made.
Back to top Go down
Verstehen
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Verstehen

Zombification : 7
Brains : 10901

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 am

I like WAW more because it seems a little more balenced to me. However, my disc got scratched so I play MW2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs WAW   MW2 vs WAW - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW2 vs WAW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-