Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
A Thread About The Future Of Zombies WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 125
Brains : 19314

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Vide
PostSubject: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I have written a thread on the Xbox.com forums about this topic, please feel free to read it and post your replies there.

http://forums.xbox.com/30912188/ShowPost.aspx

Here is what it says.....

**The main reason for this thread is that I want to know what you all think the future will hold for zombies. I also want to know what you would want to see in a full zombie game.**

So, with Treyarch on their way making their new game, I have come to think what will happen to zombies. I hope that Treyarch makes another war game and not JUST a zombie game as I would like to play something other than MW2 this Fall. However I hope in the following years a zombie game is workable.

Zombies was an incredible addition to the game that has kept many people playing WaW. With 4 maps to choose from it has been far from neglected. I hope Treyarch knows and understands what they have created here, something that will make them some serious money in the future.

To neglect zombies forever and to move on to other things is, in my opinion, a huge mistake. There is so much potential with the game mode and it's concept that it would be irresponsible to overlook it.

I look back on the video they did where they said "we shall return" in the cryptic Illuminati code that can be found scattered across a few of the zombie levels. This leads me to believe that perhaps they do in fact plan on resurrecting the zombie concept for further production.

Another thing that comes to mind is a radio found on Der Riese that is a letter from Dr. Maxis. If you replace words with Treyarch, etc, it sounds as though it is a message explaining the future of zombies.
Here is that letter, edited by me in bold. *please note that this is merely my own translation and it has not been approved or acknowledged by anyone at Treyarch*

"Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag high command(Activision) immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into 'The Giant'(Zombies) project. Well, I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan. We still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditures so early in our development. As you know, early tests on the DG-2(Map Packs) have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe(Zombies Game) within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has, however, come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115(Money) to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle, we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment. To this end, I suggest we find not only a regular supply of 115(Money), but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America, have informed that the U.S have a large supply of the element at the Nevada base. So time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am available for discussion on the matter, but on the meantime I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war! Signed, etc... etc..., Dr. Maxis."

Granted this could be very wrong, but the way I read it, it sounds as though they plan on making a zombie game. I am not saying all of the letter is decipherable, perhaps I am overlooking something. However, I can dream can't I? Big Smile Very Happy

I read something a moderator wrote on my forum and I completely agree with her. If there were to be a zombies game it should include 2 game modes.

1. The infinite levels with waves of zombies, like what we have seen so far.
2. A continuing campaign where you fight zombies along a storyline.

I have come to terms with the current state that Treyarch has left zombies in and I feel perhaps they have already divulged the storyline. However the dreamer in me hopes that there is more and that we will see additions to what we know already.

I, myself am incredibly devoted to zombies and all it stands for and what it has to offer the community. Which was the main motivating factor in my creation of callofdutyzombies.com. I have noticed that there is something special about zombies, a lot more than was being talked about. With almost 4,000 members and growing, it tells me that zombies is something that was stricken enjoyment into the lives of many. When you hear people talk about WaW, it always turns into talk about zombies, and how much everybody loves zombies.

I remember the first day I bought WaW, I beat the campaign on easy so I could play zombies Stick out tongue Razz

So now after you have read my LONG post (sorry about that) please tell me what you think the future holds for zombies. As well as what you WANT the future for zombies to include.

Your Zombie Connoisseur,

Carbon

Last edited by carbonfibah on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://callofdutyzombies.com
zyonist killer
Human
Human
zyonist killer

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Palestine-1
Zombification : 0
Brains : 10564

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 am

i love the little way you replaced the words, but i think it was just something you could of done with every radio Example: in the room with the type 100 the two friends had to kill themselves because of the invation. you could have said that it was the friends is tryarch and the invation is all the other games so they had to kill themselves so they don't get destroyed, or something like that.

or the main frame radio: the zombie creation was good but the zombie was unresponsive.translation: everyone like zombies but everything has to end.

(just wondering, why did you make the fourm in the xbox fourms)
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 am

I made it there because people still visit that site and don't know about codz. It is just another way of attracting more members. If you want I will include the text here as well.
Back to top Go down
srm-trpr78
Zombie
Zombie
srm-trpr78

Zombification : 12
Brains : 11121

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:10 am

Brillant. Sounds like a crack indused revolation, but absolutly brilliant... LOL!
All joking aside, as I would love to beleave this, it sounds a little far-fetched, doesn't it? Yes, I beleive that there will be another zombies mode in the next CoD, however to say Treyarch intended on sending us a hidden message it giving them WAY too much credit. I've done my homework on the zombies story, I know how they work,but treyarch isn't that crazy... ofcoarse... You are on our side right?
Run this by JD, see how he reacts look for blinking, head-cocking anything! Do it for us man!
(Um, please Very Happy )

Last edited by srm-trpr78 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alp360
Zombie
Zombie
alp360

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 5
Brains : 11492

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 am

quality!! For test subjects i think we can read "zombie obsessed gamers" too
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

alp360 wrote:
quality!! For test subjects i think we can read "zombie obsessed gamers" too

That crossed my mind, I don't want you to think I just gave up, I spent a good amount of time going through and adding words, however I decided to leave it as you see now as some of the other ones I chose were kinda stretching it.
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13501

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

with the words replaced in the transmission, which was simply amazing, the future of zombies seems grim. could activision not see the funding potential? as with modern warfare? we all know they thought modern warfare would go nowhere, as explained in game informer. could they be doing the same with zombies?
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies PuertoRico-1
Zombification : 10
Brains : 11111

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:00 pm

A story line would go awesome along with zombies.Imagine you open the door and suddenly a giant zomb appears on your face(too stupid,I know).I just want to see where it all ended.

To carbon:I read the transmission with the replaced words that you did and it all ads up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
FireStarFish88
Human
Human
FireStarFish88

Brains : 10896

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:03 am

Personally I would buy this and play it until they came out with cod 9 i guess. I can't stand Infinity Ward, their game is so broken
Back to top Go down
Schwarze Sonne
Human
Human
Schwarze Sonne

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Wales-2
Zombification : 4
Brains : 10757

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm

I strongly disagree with your line of thought. Treyarch have given us an immersive story and plot yet people are not able to see it for what it is due to not putting the effort in.

Why would you think that it was nesacery for you to change the words to get the true meaning out of that radio. Listen to it again and get back to researching bud, there is much left yet to discover and understand.

The point of the radio in the tunnel is to back up the idea of time travel being the main device in understanding the timeline of events, story and plot.
Maxis talks of mass producing the DG-2 in the next few years. Chalkboard says production starts tomorrow. DG-2 is a smaller version of the BELL. Chalkboard says Heavy High K Dielectric, a tech used to miniturise components and not used untill recent decades. Ellemant 115, Nevada base, Area 51.
Its about TIME folks, the only way you will get more Nazi Zombies is to understand what you have and work with it.

https://codzombies.forumotion.net/graveyard-f19/did-any-of-you-see-this-post-on-cod-t1404.htm

Question, did you guys ever truely try and understand what is written on the chalkboards beyond the info Shri posted?
Back to top Go down
Rubus1968
Human
Human
Rubus1968

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Brains : 10428

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Zombies seemed so innocent & more fun than the latest MW2. I don't know, but MW2 seems to get people so mad & angry with eachother.

I would pay good money for some kind of full Zombie game, but not like L4D. As good as L4D/2 is, it's just not Nazi Zombies & doesn't invoke the same passion.

Loving this site.
Back to top Go down
lissa110

lissa110

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10970

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Well said Rubus, Nazi Zombies are the best and the thing you get really mad at, if you have a good team, are the zombies.
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

lissa110 wrote:
Well said Rubus, Nazi Zombies are the best and the thing you get really mad at, if you have a good team, are the zombies.

And if you get bad weapons like the Kar98k or even a teddy bear.Those make my ass sore.
Back to top Go down
ehbunner
Human
Human
ehbunner

Brains : 10710

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:55 am

I see left for dead mentioned and IMO the problem with the L4D series, is the lack of a definitive story, if the game play was identical but they added a cut scene inbetween each campaign or safe house if they really wanted to make a story it would really add to the gameplay for me personally, instead its like a less complicated version of WaW's zombies story...not being told to you but there if you're looking

I just crave a definitive story, with all of the imformation they have put into these levels I can only imagine the type of story they could build

I agree highly that they need to have an "arcade mode" where its jsut like it is now more or less along with a campaign to go along with it

Don't post much but keep up the good work everyone
Back to top Go down
goblue418
Zombie
Zombie
goblue418

Zombification : 11
Brains : 11640

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

carbonfibah wrote:
nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready.

Carbon

i think activision may have given a deadline for cod5 dlcs to end and treyarch had planned on releasing 4 but missed the deadline. maybe activision wanted it released at that deadine but treyarch wasnt quite finished leading me to believe there is at least 1 more map.(also the 4th song that was recorded by elena siegman.) Also the text where it says Peter will return hopefully means they will include a Nazi zombie game-mode in cod7. I know me and 3 friends would spend anywhere from 3-6 hours everyday trying to establish a legit highscore before someone found a level hack and ruined the leader boards Evil or Very Mad but anyways i would really enjoy some new content even if it was an entirely new backstory.(or no backstory. l4d isnt available on ps3 and i want some zombies)
Back to top Go down
dikkiedik
Human
Human
dikkiedik

Brains : 10712

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 am

hi all
i hope they make a new ''nazi-zombie'' game, i am a huge fan of zombies i have watched about all of them and i can't wait when the game comes out. (hoping that there will be zombies with helmets) Razz
a new click in the game to make it harder but with more fun. (playing now lifeless left 4 dead 2) only because there is no map pack 4 Sad Crying or Very sad

greetings from holland
Back to top Go down
jackyboy1384
Zombie
Zombie
jackyboy1384

Zombification : 19
Brains : 12098

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Carbon, you're really thinking outside the box this time, what with the hidden message and all. But, if you look at it the right way, it sort of makes sense. I also agree with something that someone posted here before saying something like "Treyarch planned on 4 MPs but missed the deadline." I have a feeling that might be it. One thing I don't understand, however, is that if Treyarch really have stopped work on Nazi Zombies altogether, what did the board on the Inside Xbox video saying "We Shall Return" mean? I'm still sure that there is something completely obvious that we're missing. I think if there weren't any more easter eggs in Der Riese in addition to the ones we've already found, Treyarch would have either announced something or made a new map by now. It's obvious that something isn't right.
I am totally in favour of a Nazi Zombies game. I haven't had any fun on my PS3 for a while now (I'm getting a bit bored of MW2), and L4D2 is Xbox exclusive (DAMMIT). If CoD7 isn't a WWII game, however, then I think that Nazi Zombies will die out. Why did Treyarch have to end zombies like this??
Back to top Go down
lissa110

lissa110

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10970

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 pm

After thinking about it I think that :We Sall Return/ maybe was to the introduction of the ipone/ipod aps. Now just so you know I was looking up stuff about COD7 and found this piece of info this is the last paragraph after talking about COD WaW and MW2.......

/There's also the possibility the new Call of Duty game due in 2010 may not be a direct sequel. At a press event that preceded June's Electronic Entertainment Expo, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick said his company was looking to expand the series into other genres. In March 2008, he publicly mused about the possibility of a massively multiplayer title based in the Call of Duty universe. /

Maybe a new zombies???? From the Cod WaW universe????

The article is at http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239258.html?tag=other-user-related-content;4
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13501

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:50 pm

actually, this is an idea you have there with the "we shall return" relating to the apps. Even then, the Apps were SO successful, along with the Game, they Have to bring it back!
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Wales-2
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13581

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 am

I've said it a million times but they'd be stupid not to bring it back. Zombies saved WaW from just being another ww2 game.
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Found this article, tweeted it once and it was deleted, found another copy.

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Wwwtotalgamingnetworkco
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie
Coqui123

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 pm

carbonfibah wrote:
Found this article, tweeted it once and it was deleted, found another copy.

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies Wwwtotalgamingnetworkco
WOW,great post here carbon.A friend of mine told me that there was gonna be dedicated servers,but I thought it was all a lie.Guess you proved me wrong.
Back to top Go down
patastinky
Human
Human
patastinky

Brains : 10726

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 pm

i just wanna cod zombies.. anyone down hit me up patastinky = psn let me know your from the boards. or email patastinky@aol.com i'm desperate to play
Back to top Go down
warner86
Human
Human
warner86

Brains : 10929

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 pm

zombies will be back for sure and carbon knows it
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

warner86 wrote:
zombies will be back for sure and carbon knows it

Razz silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Thread About The Future Of Zombies   A Thread About The Future Of Zombies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Thread About The Future Of Zombies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Zombies! :: Zombies Hereafter-