Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 108
Brains : 14180

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode Vide
PostSubject: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Here it is boys and girls. Sad/Happy to see it go.

Quote :
No Campaign Co-op, No 4 Player Survival Mode

After the success of Call of Duty: World at War’s zombie mode and 4 player campaign co-op it comes as a surprise to hear that Infinity Ward’s hotly anticipated game, Modern Warfare 2, will include no co-op campaign and no 4 player survival type side game.

It seems Infinity Ward have gone their own way with the Special Ops mode that they have included in the game…. it will support only 2 players!

Speaking to VideoGamer.com, Robert Bowling explained the decision, saying IW didn’t want to “ruin the story by cramming co-op into it”. He went on to say …

“We don’t do co-op in our story because we’re crafting a very specific experience and we don’t want to ruin that by cramming co-op into it. We take the moments that work really well with co-op, we bring them out and we put them in Special Ops.”

“Story’s all about pacing,” he added. “Sometimes moments get toned down because they don’t fit with the pacing of the experience you’re trying to deliver. There (in Special Ops) it’s all about fun. It’s about playing over and over again, getting a better time – you’ll have a time at the end of it – it’s about challenging a friend going in on co-op and trying to beat it on veteran.”

When asked why Special Ops was limited to two players, not four, Bowling replied:

“Two player seemed to be the magic number for co-op. That’s when it stayed really fun and intense without becoming a clusterf**k of things. We just found that two-players was the most fun.”

Alot of people were hoping for a zombie mode in Modern Warfare 2. I personally would have liked a survival / horde mode (without zombies in it), hopefully people will enjoy the Special Ops mode in Modern Warfare 2 as much as they do the zombie mode in Call of Duty: World at War.

http://www.mw2blog.com/modern-warfare-2-special-ops-mode-2-player-only/
Back to top Go down
http://www.abstract360.com
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
COMPLETEWASUK

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 22
Brains : 13457

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 pm

'hopefully people will enjoy the Special Ops mode in Modern Warfare 2 as much as they do the zombie mode in Call of Duty: World at War'

Er no.
Back to top Go down
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:09 pm

COMPLETEWASUK wrote:
'hopefully people will enjoy the Special Ops mode in Modern Warfare 2 as much as they do the zombie mode in Call of Duty: World at War'

Er no.
Right, I'm thinking people will stick around MW2 for the Campaign and the Multiplayer, but when the Campaign gets old (because the Multiplayer will never get old), I'm guessing people will go back to playing Zombies in WAW.
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
COMPLETEWASUK

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 22
Brains : 13457

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:21 pm

'Right, I'm thinking people will stick around MW2 for the Campaign and the Multiplayer, but when the Campaign gets old (because the Multiplayer will never get old), I'm guessing people will go back to playing Zombies in WAW.'

Agreed
Back to top Go down
cbranger
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
cbranger

Zombification : 4
Brains : 11220

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Guess I'm still going to be playing WaW even when MW2 comes out.

And if there's no CTF in MW2 I don't know what I'm going to do...
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode England-1
Zombification : 11
Brains : 12574

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I think that this is a good move by Infinity Ward. Hate me if you like, but it would get repetitive if they added this kind of mode in every game. They should've made Spec Ops 4 player but hey, 2 is enough.
Back to top Go down
http://cobrazvenomx.deviantart.com/
goblue418
Zombie
Zombie
goblue418

Zombification : 11
Brains : 11630

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:04 pm

this means i will have a reason not to sell w@w
Back to top Go down
Monster Warfare
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Monster Warfare

Zombification : 2
Brains : 11174

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Sounds cool, it's going to be a great game.
Back to top Go down
Raging Hofa
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Raging Hofa

Brains : 11016

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

So it is just campaign that you play over again?
Back to top Go down
Monster Warfare
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Monster Warfare

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Raging Hofa wrote:

We are not sure what Spec Ops is yet, or atleast I don't, but it seems interesting.
Back to top Go down
Falcon48
Human
Human
Falcon48

Zombification : 4
Brains : 10934

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm

well lets hope that this game is worth it then!
Back to top Go down
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Killanon wrote:
Raging Hofa wrote:

We are not sure what Spec Ops is yet, or atleast I don't, but it seems interesting.
Spec Ops is a game mode that is completely separate from the campaign. They had thought about including Co-Op in the campaign but wherever they put it in it just didn't feel right for them. Spec Ops is the only place it felt right. Spec Ops is supposed to be similar to the Mile High Club mission from Call of Duty 4.
Back to top Go down
Monster Warfare
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Monster Warfare

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 pm

CovertGunman wrote:
Killanon wrote:
Raging Hofa wrote:

Spec Ops is a game mode that is completely separate from the campaign. They had thought about including Co-Op in the campaign but wherever they put it in it just didn't feel right for them. Spec Ops is the only place it felt right. Spec Ops is supposed to be similar to the Mile High Club mission from Call of Duty 4.

orly? Sounds cool, 2 players does seem right if it is like MHC.
Back to top Go down
gt.350@charter.net
Human
Human
gt.350@charter.net

Zombification : 0
Brains : 10969

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 am

well i think when treyarc makes another ww2 game it'll have zombies in it. putting them in the modern era would stray pretty far from the stor y they r painting ot us rite now in shi no numa and verukkt. plust activion is making mw2 this no treyarc the people who came up w/ zombies
Back to top Go down
CovertGunman
CommunityManager
CovertGunman

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:17 am

gt.350@charter.net wrote:
well i think when treyarc makes another ww2 game it'll have zombies in it. putting them in the modern era would stray pretty far from the stor y they r painting ot us rite now in shi no numa and verukkt. plust activion is making mw2 this no treyarc the people who came up w/ zombies
I believe you have your information a tiny bit incorrect. Activision is the publisher for both Treyarch and Infinity Ward. Treyarch is the developer for WAW and Infinity Ward is the developer for Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. So they both work under the same publisher and are working on the same series but are completely different developers.
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
KNO1ATALL

Zombification : 9
Brains : 12525

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Yeah. Wish it was 4 people though

Three annoying friends means I'm gonna have to choose.............................................................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode   Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Of No MW2 Zombie/Co-Op Mode

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-