Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killerussian
Human
Human
killerussian

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 0
Brains : 10801

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? Vide
PostSubject: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 pm

In the official trailer for Der Riese, when they look up into the sky, you see a black night sky, which is very nice by the way.
A few times you are able to see the moon, or is it the sun?
I know there are going to be a lot of comments saying "It can't be the sun!! It's not yellow and it's night time!"
But i will say "HA, it could be because that is a luner/solar eclipse i think"
And if you can all turn your attention to the giant clock tower, it is ticking, and in the gameplay you see a timer in the top left corner of your screen.
I think that those two are connected in some way, maybe when the clock strikes a certain time it means that the eclipse is occuring and maybe something happens then?

So, question of the day:

What, if anything, do you think is the significance of the eclipse and clock tower?
Do you think that they are all somehow connected with each other?
If you think so, what do you think happens?

Just answer with comments down below, thnx! SD
Back to top Go down
jayrockslife
Human
Human
jayrockslife

Brains : 10959

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 am

I think that timer has something to do with the monkey bomb or something.
Back to top Go down
Clasher94
Zombie
Zombie
Clasher94

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Zombification : 16
Brains : 11634

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 am

You could be right but I didn't really notice what it was and I couldn't make out what it was the first time.
Back to top Go down
ajjaspers11
Human
Human
ajjaspers11

Brains : 10909

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 am

if it is an eclipse you will not see the actual sun itself there will only be the image of the corona (aka the big shiny circle you see in cool pictures of an eclipse) which is very visable during a full solar eclipse which we do infact see in the trailer! good find! maybe this means something and is signifigant to the back story!
Back to top Go down
Robotik360
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
Robotik360

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Zombification : 25
Brains : 12484

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 am

maybe the timer is how long you survive?sorry just an idea i had lol.
Back to top Go down
kdf92
Human
Human
kdf92

Brains : 10822

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 am

maybe its the rate of how many zombies spawn, or if it increases their intensity for a set time.
Back to top Go down
firevice

firevice

Brains : 12834

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 am

smart thinking, i can haz pixxX?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dmclanforum.com
Zombie Hunter
Human
Human
Zombie Hunter

Brains : 10934

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 am

In second 0:18 of the trailer you can see that is an eclipse
Back to top Go down
Robotik360
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
Robotik360

Brains : 12484

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:20 am

Zombie Hunter wrote:
In second 0:18 of the trailer you can see that is an eclipse
OMG your right!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Zombie Hunter
Human
Human
Zombie Hunter

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:26 am

If anyone can get a pic it would be great.
Back to top Go down
firevice

firevice

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 am

oh!! i thought it was a part of the teleporter
pic soon
Back to top Go down
Nevernoz
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Nevernoz

Zombification : -1
Brains : 11265

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:28 am

Well unless the Clock on the Clock Tower is broken, or if they repeatedly showed the same clip of the Clock showing 2:15 [was it?] and like :44 seconds [I'm just eyeballing this from memory] then maybe it is a clue to something bigger? #MP4 Already? HAAHA.

Kidding, but like was said before, perhaps the time that is being said [if it never changes] and the eclipse is a real life event? Just like all of the stories and theories of Shi No Numa.

Those are just my guesses, of course.
Back to top Go down
TGA
Human
Human
TGA

Brains : 10859

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 am

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? Picture5
Back to top Go down
firevice

firevice

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:32 am

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? Solareclipsederriese-1
there ya go
Back to top Go down
carbonfibah
Administrator

Administrator
carbonfibah

Zombification : 125
Brains : 19312

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 am

Lunar eclipese are not rare, but they do not happen often. Here are two dates of eclipses that happened back in 1945. I am not sure if they mean anything, but I was trying to find a date of the Der Riese event to help with the timeline of events.

1945 Jun 25 (partial)
1945 Dec 19 (full)
Back to top Go down
http://callofdutyzombies.com
Zombie Hunter
Human
Human
Zombie Hunter

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 am

I think is december 19, because when you play in verruckt the date is in september and I belive this events are after verruckt
Back to top Go down
Zachvh
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Zachvh

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Brains : 11287

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:14 am

im not sure what it means
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? England-1
Zombification : 11
Brains : 12582

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 am

It could be a solar/lunar eclipse. But it also could be smoke. Since this is a zombie factory. The smoke could be used to power the plant when the switch is flipped. But is also there to be ready when you turn on the power.
Back to top Go down
http://cobrazvenomx.deviantart.com/
Nevernoz
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Nevernoz

Zombification : -1
Brains : 11265

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:33 am

I don't know much about eclipses, but is it anything but odd that the eclipse 'eye' is actually shaped like an eye in that picture?

Compared to this, from what I looked up boringly on Photobucket.com, this eclipse is a simple black circle with a thing light aura around it, making it look normal.
solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? Eclipse

I mean of course it really could just be for design purposes to make the level seem more ominous, but at the same time it kinda gets you thinking. Or at least for me it does. I mean, unless it's some sort of explosion in the sky behind the eclipse that's making it create that eye of a shape, it just seems kind of random for the designers to choose to shape it that way. I really think it's a sign of something. Haha.
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? England-1
Zombification : 11
Brains : 12582

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:06 am

Nevernoz wrote:
I don't know much about eclipses, but is it anything but odd that the eclipse 'eye' is actually shaped like an eye in that picture?

Compared to this, from what I looked up boringly on Photobucket.com, this eclipse is a simple black circle with a thing light aura around it, making it look normal.

I mean of course it really could just be for design purposes to make the level seem more ominous, but at the same time it kinda gets you thinking. Or at least for me it does. I mean, unless it's some sort of explosion in the sky behind the eclipse that's making it create that eye of a shape, it just seems kind of random for the designers to choose to shape it that way. I really think it's a sign of something. Haha.

Very big possibility. It could tie into the story somewhere. Also interesting how it's shaped like that, maybe a real solar/lunar eclipse is like that too.
Back to top Go down
http://cobrazvenomx.deviantart.com/
shri046

shri046

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? WarningBar-Gloss6sharp
Zombification : 30
Brains : 12497

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 am

Very interesting find indeed. Come to think of it, the trailer begins with these dialogues -

Dempsey: "What the hell just happened? Everyone ok?"
Nikolai: "I feel like I will throw up"
Takeo: "A mere side effect Russian. Everything is normal"
Dempsey: "Let's get this done"

Here is a link on some info abt Solar Eclipse and its effect on humans. It does say that the effects are mostly psychological and the dialogue between Nikolai and Takeo.

Last edited by shri046 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boyle111
Human
Human
boyle111

Zombification : 2
Brains : 11089

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 am

I'm pretty sure the clock is when the dogs come. In Shi No Numa the fog was the sign their coming, in this one it looks like the clock. Notice that once you see the clock start, the Zombies die and then dogs appear. Looks as if the Zombies automatically die and dogs come straight away, not as if there's a break then the next round starts with dogs like in Shi No Numa
Back to top Go down
wiggum1978
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
wiggum1978

Zombification : 2
Brains : 10988

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 am

There was a solar eclipse on July 9, 1945 which could be seen from Idaho to the Tanshket Russia. I tried to find information as to the time this occured in Europe but had little success but I did find it began in Idaho at sunrise and took 2 hours and 27 minutes to cross the 2700 miles. Boise is about 9 time zones from Central Europe making it between 1 and 3 that the eclipse would occur. I have no idea if this is part of the story but the clock on the wall seems to move back once it gets to 45 seconds, could this be related to the eclipse?

There is defintely an eclipse, as the camera pans up the teleporters moves but the black sphere doesn't.
Back to top Go down
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13499

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:28 am

ah, very nice find! I think it has something to do with the zombies creation. some believe believe freaky things happen during solar eclipses.

also, I agree, the clock means the dogs are coming. in the trailer, when the clock hits a point I see a zombie die. so maybe when the clocks hit all the zombies die and the doggies come
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
ajjaspers11
Human
Human
ajjaspers11

Brains : 10909

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Nevernoz wrote:

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? Eclipse

the "light aura" is the carona and it is only visible during a SOLAR! eclipse i think i already said that in like the fifth post but i have no problem repeating it

the big white circle in the sky in the der riese trailer is a carona and a carona is only visiable during a solar eclipse there for we stop the whole "solar/lunar eclipse" thing because i can tell you for sure that it is a solar eclipse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?   solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

solar/lunar eclipse in Der Riese? hmm, what do u think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-