Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Right in front of us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JezusSaurusRex
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
JezusSaurusRex

Right in front of us - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Right in front of us - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 18
Brains : 10877

Right in front of us - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Original Post wrote:
What I find the most interesting about this, is that it seems as though Treyarch made an effort to hide the skins for the PaPed guns. I asked experienced modders and people that made mods to change the way the skins look, yet they admit that they cannot actually locate the REAL skin files.
It is very easy to find the normal weapon files, shown here (COD directory/main/iwd_09):
Right in front of us - Page 2 Cod_weapons_file_screenshotcopy

Now I look constantly for the new weapon skins...I even went into every single main/iwd file (that's 33 folders with thousands of files), thinking maybe Treyarch was hiding the files somewhere else from PC users, but they are not there.
Out of all 500 files that came with Der Riese's iwd folder, there isn't anything more than four normal gun skins, including the double-barrel and Type 99, which aren't even featured in Der Riese.

Now, because I was going to do custom maps (which I remember how difficult and time-consuming it is now), so I downloaded COD Mod Tools 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4...so I have access to all of the thousands of xmodels for the game and such.

So because I have those directories because of COD Mod Tools, I found this:
Right in front of us - Page 2 Zombie_weapons_screenshot

Plain-text (simply FILES, with no extension) game coding:
Right in front of us - Page 2 Zombie_weapon_file_text_full

So I searched through them to find hints at what files the code specifies to access:
Right in front of us - Page 2 Zombe_weapon_file_text1
Right in front of us - Page 2 Zombie_weapon_file_text2

I searched with both Windows search, and by mouse-click and scrolling...those files don't exist (at least in the COD directory.
Does anyone have some insight on how to locate those files? Even a guy who modded the text files for slightly different PaP skins didn't know where to find them. I can't even view the models and skins in raw/weapons/sp for the upgraded guns, but I can for the regular guns with COD Mod Tools (so peculiar).

This, in my opinion, is a either a massive hint at the vital images (to the story/secrets) on Der Riese, or just somehow me being a big enough noob to not locate the files (because of personal PC problems, though I can use the guns in-game and find everything else easily).
-Jezus

Well it turns out I was only looking in the COD Directory was the issue.
This was an issue, because I FORGOT TO INSTALL MOD TOOLS 1.4! How stupid is that?

I found the xmodels and I looked at them with Mod Tools, it appears as though that image I found theater_ceilingtile:
Right in front of us - Page 2 Theater_ceilingtile_3_d

Is very similar to the PaP guns.
I just wanted to quickly update this to not confuse people with my error was searching around files; this had me so angry and now I'm so elated that I found the files and can convert them to images and post here.
I will update this once I finish converting and saving all of the images--that is if I figure out a way to do it properly (since I still didn't exactly locate the skins). Very Happy
Jezus
Back to top Go down
shri046

shri046

Right in front of us - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss6sharp
Zombification : 30
Brains : 12523

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 pm

Right in front of us - Page 2 Ornimentsilverdarkiwiou
Back to top Go down
JezusSaurusRex
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
JezusSaurusRex

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10877

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:25 pm

Where did you find that image?
I have only xmodels of the guns, and as I am finding, there is only coding in the xmodel files for the game to cover the pre-determined parameters (on a different game file as the gun with "gold" in the name) with that image, titled in the xmodels of the weapons as another game file mtl_silver_etching, which has programmer coding in it (not regular english text, so I cannot read it).

In conclusion...there is no skin for the PaP guns, Treyarch used the game to take the original gun models and place that (^) image over them, while slightly modifying the gun's properties in the game. So the only clue there could be is the correlation between that image and the theater ceiling image.

Still, where did you get that image?
Jezus
Back to top Go down
Secret Kahuna
Zombie
Zombie
Secret Kahuna

Zombification : 3
Brains : 11007

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 am

Has anyone ever no-clipped through the clock?
Back to top Go down
Camo Wildcat
Zombie
Zombie
Camo Wildcat

Zombification : 5
Brains : 12255

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

is that on the reaper? cause i saw that
Back to top Go down
http://utopia7.myminicity.com/
Dege_92
Human
Human
Dege_92

Right in front of us - Page 2 Canada
Zombification : 0
Brains : 10702

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:16 pm

hmm i was looking at the pic and i wonder howcome the bottom of the pic is different then the top because the two sides are the same but at the bottom there is a ribbon thing
Back to top Go down
AngelOfDeath815
WhatWeKnow

AngelOfDeath815

Zombification : 22
Brains : 11572

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:04 pm

Maybe a little off what you were saying, but you know how they say right in front of us. That could be U.S. Only dempsey is from the U.S. When we first start out every zombie game, we look straight at the pap machine with Dempsey. It's the most obvious thing I could think of.
Back to top Go down
Dege_92
Human
Human
Dege_92

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:15 pm

hmm nice i never thought of that, anyways u know how u said the pap machine is right in front of us. i think that it could be used as a teleporter but since the machine is there we cant use it as a teleporter. i read in other topics that there was a trigger that had to be activated between rounds 1-5 mabe we have to open up everything use all three teleporters and use the pap machine before round 5 to activate something. but i read there is only a 2% chance of this working
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie
Acuity

Right in front of us - Page 2 Australia
Zombification : 17
Brains : 11427

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:54 pm

The 'Mythos_giant' trigger =)
Back to top Go down
Dege_92
Human
Human
Dege_92

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:57 pm

well der reise means the giant then what does mythos mean
Back to top Go down
Camo Wildcat
Zombie
Zombie
Camo Wildcat

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:05 pm

i see a connection being made =]
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie
Acuity

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Samples from Der Riese code

//level thread radio_egg_hanging_init( "radio_five", "radio_five_origin" );
level.monk_scream_trig = getent( "monk_scream_trig", "targetname" );
level thread play_giant_mythos_lines();

Code:
level thread play_giant_mythos_lines();
The next code snippet:
1. There is an infinite loop, which does
2. Generates a random number between 1 and 100
3. If we havent passed round 5 yet, then
4. If the generated number is 1 or 2, then
5. create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_gen_giant", .25 ) is called on a random player

Code:
while(1)
{
vox_rand = randomintrange(1,100);

if( level.round_number <= round )
{
if( vox_rand <= 2 )
{
players = get_players();
p = randomint(players.size);
index = maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_player_index(players[p]);
plr = "plr_" + index + "_";
players[p] thread create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_gen_giant", .25 );
//iprintlnbold( "Just played Gen Giant line off of player " + p );
}
}
else if (level.round_number > round )
{
return;
}
wait(randomintrange(60,240));

Notes =D
Radio 5 (In Teleporter B) is the radio with the hanging man talking, as the code suggests.
The monkey scream strig is the throwing of the monkey into the furnace =)

I'll explain what the code meens (the 1 to 5 bit)
1 - Infinite loop (the trigger can be repeatedly attempted to be activated ... untill round 5)
2 - In attempted activation, a number between 1 and 100 is generated.
3/4 - If the number is 1 or 2, and you haven't passed round 5, then...
5 - 5. create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_gen_giant", .25 ) is called on a random player

A random player (so not nesecarily the one who activated the egg) hears a peice of dialogue named 'vox_gen_giant',
WHat could it beee?

Back on topic...
Is this what's right in front of us, that we're missing?
It's activated before round 5, and so is somewhere accessed early.
Maybe the PaP machine?

=D =D
sorry, i rambled =)
Back to top Go down
Yaminick
Human
Human
Yaminick

Brains : 10999

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Wow, Acuity, that is an interesting piece of code. I think we are going to have to find a way to do a lot of things before round 5. Time to call in the PC mods? My first guess would be turn on radio 5 before round 5? Maybe you have to throw the monkey bomb in the furnace as well. is there any way you can post the rest of that code up somewhere. I would like to pick through it, it seems quite similar to Java and C++ which I am fluent in. The Mythos part kinda interested me, if any one is familiar with H.P. Lovecraft, I wonder if this has something to do with Cthulhu lol.
Back to top Go down
AngelOfDeath815
WhatWeKnow

AngelOfDeath815

Zombification : 22
Brains : 11572

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 am

Acuity, that is amazing. Take some. zombiefication
Back to top Go down
Derrek Lee 25
Zombie
Zombie
Derrek Lee 25

Right in front of us - Page 2 Palestine-1
Zombification : 4
Brains : 11621

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:49 am

my head hurts now, it's a bit hard to understand
Back to top Go down
Mokotoro
Human
Human
Mokotoro

Right in front of us - Page 2 Mexico
Brains : 10722

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:20 am

i think that maybe we need to open all, activate all al least one time and have all before round 5 to activate that "Mythos_Giant" :S what it could be? maybe a voice? maybe a zombie boss? maybe the end of nazi zombie?
Back to top Go down
Chivaa501
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Chivaa501

Brains : 10806

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 am

Wow! thats really interesting and would make sense why its taken us so long before we have activated it. 2percent chance of it happening. 100 people should try this lol
Back to top Go down
Mokotoro
Human
Human
Mokotoro

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:31 am

Maybe, just maybe the mythos giant will put an end to nazi zombie, o maybe treyrach just are waiting for us to discover what "Mythos_Giant" is to release a new Map Pack :S
Back to top Go down
Chivaa501
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Chivaa501

Brains : 10806

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:42 am

Mokotoro! if only u are right!
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie
Acuity

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 am

I didn't extract the code btw =P
It's available on some websites =).
The code has been posted on earlier threads too
Back to top Go down
Mokotoro
Human
Human
Mokotoro

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 am

i think that that code is linked to:
the bowie knife
the teleporters
and the paped pistol
i just bought the premium der riese theme for the xbox 360 and i noticed that those three weapones are the only who figure out Razz
so maybe if whe have all that things before the round 5 the "Mythos_Giant" triger will activate Razz
Back to top Go down
wiggum1978
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
wiggum1978

Zombification : 2
Brains : 11014

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:54 am

Mythos is a greek word for story, legen or plot. It is also the first element of a tragedy according to Aristotle's Poetics.

Mythos is also a card game released in 1996 and a game by Habitsoft and T3 Entertainement
Back to top Go down
Mokotoro
Human
Human
Mokotoro

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

So maybe "Mythos_Giant" means "history_der-riese"? so whe we activate it we will discover the history of der riese?
Back to top Go down
Camo Wildcat
Zombie
Zombie
Camo Wildcat

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 pm

wiggum1978 wrote:
Mythos is a greek word for story, legen or plot. It is also the first element of a tragedy according to Aristotle's Poetics.

Mythos is also a card game released in 1996 and a game by Habitsoft and T3 Entertainement

tragedy reminds me of theater. connection?
Back to top Go down
Yaminick
Human
Human
Yaminick

Brains : 10999

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Me and my friends were trying to activate the trigger today with no luck Razz I kept trying to turn on Radio 5 which should be the one in Lab B(?) And throwing the monkey bomb in the furnace but nothing happened. Even if thats what we have to do it's tough to do it before round five.

This part of the code confuses me however:
index = maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_player_index(players[p]);
plr = "plr_" + index + "_";
players[p] thread create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_gen_giant", .25 );
//iprintlnbold( "Just played Gen Giant line off of player " + p );

All I can tell is that it "creates" and plays a file then it prints "Just played Gen Giant line off of player" + p
p is a variable that they store the player in. It randomly generated a player before hand. I'm guessing that the text is printed down in the corner or maybe where the power up text appears. I think if it's possible we need to modify this code on the PC to either make the chances more likely, such as changing the 100 to a 2 or something, or by making another instance call the method.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right in front of us   Right in front of us - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Right in front of us

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Der Riese :: DR Theories-