Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

MAP PACK 4 info !!!???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willis575
WhatWeKnow

willis575

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 27
Brains : 12340

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Here's the deal.... it will be hard work, but things like rights to IP can be obtained. We would first need to organize a 501(c) non profit organization charted for the purpose of obtaining the rights to nazi zombies. This requires a lawyer, and for us to decide what IP we want. Obviously, we won't get the name call of duty or their game engine. But we could get the characters, level designs, art, etc etc... pretty much everything else. The next step is to figure out how much the property is worth and negotiate directly with Activision. If they have no plans to develop it, then they will just take the money and run. However, if they see all this effort by fans to obtain the rights, they might decide to develop it. Either way, a win for us. If they are willing to sell, we set up a trust and put the donated money in escrow... once we receive enough money, we have whatever third party is administering the trust cut activision a check and get the IP signed over.

At that point, we put the IP in a trust and start negotiating with developers. Our position would be that we will license the rights for free if such and such conditions are met (basically how we want the game to be developed). All profits would go to the developer and publisher, but we would retain rights over the property.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 Wales-2
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13605

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm

willis575, I admire your enthusiasm and would love to be apart of it all if you are taking it seriously. I'd drop 50-100 to help out the cause. We'd just need to set up somebody responsible for all the cash which I'm guessing why a lawyer would be needed. Either way alot could be accomplished and a game that would be worth playing. I wouldn't mind seeing the people who made Wolfenstein developing it.
Back to top Go down
willis575
WhatWeKnow

willis575

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
willis575, I admire your enthusiasm and would love to be apart of it all if you are taking it seriously. I'd drop 50-100 to help out the cause. We'd just need to set up somebody responsible for all the cash which I'm guessing why a lawyer would be needed. Either way alot could be accomplished and a game that would be worth playing. I wouldn't mind seeing the people who made Wolfenstein developing it.

I don't like being told NO! And I hate to see great things die!

As far as a responsible person, a lawyer or group of lawyers would be best. They would serve as a board of directors for the non-profit/fund.

I actually don't think the money would be the hard part.... I think it would be fairly easy to get a million people to donate a dollar to the cause and that would probably be more than enough to get the rights. The key thing is getting support from the right people.... you would want video game publications to cover the effort to add legitimacy and to alert fans (potential donors) to the cause. And if Activision didn't want to play ball, you start pressuring major shareholders... "hey, the board of activision won't take money for some IP they aren't developing anyway". Worse case scenario, if you can't obtain the rights, you use the money to buy shares in activision and start pressuring them to develop the game that way.
Back to top Go down
jackyboy1384
Zombie
Zombie
jackyboy1384

Zombification : 19
Brains : 12122

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Don't worry people, this isn't the end. It can't be. JD said:
"There are currently no plans" which means they might decide to make one in the future. They know how many PS3 and XBox 360 gamers are going to be pissed off at this so wether it's in WaW, the rumoured CoD 7 or just in a stand-alone game, the undead horde will return.

And I'd happily put in $50 towards a stand-alone Nazi Zombies game (btw how much is that in £?).

Meanwhile, we need to go through everything we have found since this forum was created. If we can pool together everything we have found, there will be some kind of explanation to the storyline. I don't know if the mythos giant actually means anything or not, but there is so much we need to discover. As a start, we need to figure out what "right in front of us" means.

So don't worry guys, there's still a future to this forum. Don't give up when there is so much to do. Let's all work together at this and finish off that storyline!!
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Zombification : 13
Brains : 11139

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 pm

thats the spirit jackyboy

willlis if they do make the game would the people who donated 50 dollars get the game or would have to buy
Back to top Go down
willis575
WhatWeKnow

willis575

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Snowyman13 wrote:
thats the spirit jackyboy

willlis if they do make the game would the people who donated 50 dollars get the game or would have to buy

I would imagine they would have to buy.... the money collected would be spent on obtaining the rights to the game. The developer and publisher would spend their own money developing it, and as such would want to make money on it as they would any other game. However, if you donated money you would be a part of an organization the held the rights to the franchise. You would have input on who develops the game, how it is developed, and the future of the franchise..... having a stake and a say in the future of something you love would be what you got in return for your money. Think about infinity ward banning people who played the game early or not releasing private servers.... all you can do is complain and sign a petition. But if the fans owned the rights to the franchise, they would have INFINITE power over the developer and all the things that IW and Treyarch have screwed us on couldn't happen. So maybe you have to pay full retail for the game even though you already paid to save it.... but at the end of the day, I would rather have some kind of stake in a game then just passively consuming and getting screwed. And I'm sure something could be worked out with the developer... some kind of sweet bonus in the game for people who saved it =)
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm

wow well thought out
and was the pun intend xD?
Back to top Go down
willis575
WhatWeKnow

willis575

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm

lol no.. i didn't even notice that =p
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 pm

alright xD
it would be nice to help out for such a good game like this and have a say in it
u should start a seprate forum to start this and put these ideas
Back to top Go down
Jinxy
Human
Human
Jinxy

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 Ireland
Zombification : 2
Brains : 10722

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 pm

This sucks ass !

I swear why didn't they just say something .

I've been hyping it up for weeks . Searching for clues . Its how I evan found this place :]

BUT STILL D:<
Back to top Go down
DeadShock
Zombie
Zombie
DeadShock

Zombification : 21
Brains : 11092

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:52 pm

I agree that obtaining the rights is a step in the right direction. I mean we'd be making history if we did. Imagine nazi zombie game based (for the most part) off of fan input, so (as you said) we'd be getting exactly what we wanted. However, I see two problems. The first is if Activison sees money in an idea they will probably not let go of it no matter how hard we tug. They'll just claim the games in development hell or something until we began to ease up, and then they'll either publish it (good) or let it never see the light of day (bad). The second is if Activision is willing to sell, the legal stuff will mostly likely take a while and then whos to say that another company will even want to develop it. Also, if activision learns that we plan on getting another company develop it they will probably not sell it to us, as money is their prime focus. But its worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:53 pm

wow everyones really going all out to save nazi zombies simply amazing
Back to top Go down
generator350
Zombie
Zombie
generator350

Zombification : 9
Brains : 11103

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 pm

I notice how he says "there are no future plans" so treyarch is still leaving us hanging
Back to top Go down
MRSshr00ms
WhatWeKnow

MRSshr00ms

Zombification : 44
Brains : 13669

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Also this doesnt mean that we just stop hoping...You never know...just because they said they dont have plans for one,,,doesnt mean they arent GOING to make one...maybe after christmas??? And i really like that idea to buy out the name...its a good idea but VERY unrealistic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie
Acuity

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 Australia
Zombification : 17
Brains : 11427

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 am

It still makes me sad =P
It at least means there won't be another map in a long time.
Not sure why they'd add another map to a game that's not the latest one out though =S
Back to top Go down
Robotik360
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
Robotik360

Zombification : 25
Brains : 12510

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:05 am

i think Treyarch has a surprise cause why would they stop NZ with out at least telling us the end?
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:35 am

As much as I love Nazi Zombies I really can't be bothered to wait and hope for another release. Treyarch have just told us they have no plans for further zombies on WaW, I take this that there isn't going to be anymore on there. Whats the point in sitting around waiting for another map when there quite clearly won't be? I'm out of hope, I'll just wait for COD 7.
Back to top Go down
metrocedes
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
metrocedes

Brains : 13234

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:43 am

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
As much as I love Nazi Zombies I really can't be bothered to wait and hope for another release. Treyarch have just told us they have no plans for further zombies on WaW, I take this that there isn't going to be anymore on there. Whats the point in sitting around waiting for another map when there quite clearly won't be? I'm out of hope, I'll just wait for COD 7.

...but im all outta hope....Auf Wiedersehen my friend. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://codzombies.forumotion.net
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 am

thank u llama for actually ready the whole thing instead of one little part
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Snowyman13 wrote:

Ha, ha, no problem. I always hate it when people don't read threads properly...

Oh & just because there won't be another Map Pack doesn't mean I'm leaving here. By all means no. I just think posts will be limited from lack of things to discuss.
Back to top Go down
JezusSaurusRex
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
JezusSaurusRex

Zombification : 18
Brains : 10877

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:03 am

This website...and definitely my strenuosity for zombies just got WTFPWN3D. Map pack 4 is the biggest fail in the history of the internet...

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 F08f8f4039481b4dd78b03841756a1b5

/Jezus [/close quote-permanent]
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:00 am

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
Snowyman13 wrote:

Ha, ha, no problem. I always hate it when people don't read threads properly...

Oh & just because there won't be another Map Pack doesn't mean I'm leaving here. By all means no. I just think posts will be limited from lack of things to discuss.
same here
good
true most people will only post in off topic or map 4 hopes and dreams
Back to top Go down
Chivaa501
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
Chivaa501

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 Mexico
Zombification : 4
Brains : 10806

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:22 am

O well no MP4 what a big let down. Im sure this wont be the end of nazi zombies but it will be a long time before we see them again.

MW2 is more than enough to keep me busy.
Back to top Go down
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie
Snowyman13

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 pm

of course it wont because they "Shall return"
Back to top Go down
PaleRider
Human
Human
PaleRider

MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 England-1
Zombification : 0
Brains : 10686

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Just wanted to add to this thread that if you guys want new maps then download some of the homebrew mods happening on the PC.
Playing Nazi Zombies with computer players helping out, new weapons, modded maps, extra perks, new stories, playing as a zombie (!), tons of interesting new maps.....some good, some perhaps better than what Treyarch have released and some just....well....knocked up quickly. If you've got a decent PC then throw your PS3's and xboxs away and forget about an official new zombie map.

Would just like to thank Treyarch personally for appreciating their fans almost as much as they appreciate their money. No doubt they are all wiping their arses with bank notes and laughing at consoles owners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAP PACK 4 info !!!???   MAP PACK 4 info !!!??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAP PACK 4 info !!!???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-