Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Homicidal_llama2

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 Wales-2
Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : 73
Brains : 13561

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:34 pm

When I used to work for Blockbuster we used to get the games in at least a week before they came out. There was no significant law stating that us, the employees weren't allowed to take their copy of the game home early. As far as I'm concerned, if the full asking price is paid it doesn't really matter. Who cares if some get it a week early? Why does it matter in the slightest?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Human
Human
Sage

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 WarningBar-Gloss1
Zombification : -1
Brains : 10759

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:49 am

itz Cheerios wrote:
they didn't know about it really, they just thought, hey it's up here, let's buy it!! i'm pretty sure

Stores put them out early by accident.

My dad was at Sam's Club and they put them out by accident and he was about to check-out when the manager stopped the cashier and took it.

Not our fault the stores screwed up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.movieviral.com
baddreams12345
Zombie
Zombie
baddreams12345

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1
Zombification : 16
Brains : 11519

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 am

I hope they reset everyones stats so everyone will have a fresh start.
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 England-1
Zombification : 11
Brains : 12564

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:15 am

baddreams12345 wrote:
I hope they reset everyones stats so everyone will have a fresh start.

That is what everyone is saying they're going to do. But I doubt it. Because what if someone has MW2 as soon as they reset the stats and they just ranked up.
Back to top Go down
http://cobrazvenomx.deviantart.com/
FadedArc
Human
Human
FadedArc

Zombification : 0
Brains : 10711

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:09 pm

I think they will do it at midnight pacific times. That's when the game will be released. So no one should be able to rank up by then.
Back to top Go down
DeltaFlame
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie
DeltaFlame

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 0
Brains : 11591

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:20 pm

people from Britain purposely Pre order big games from GAME like MW2 and L4D2 because GAME send it out 3-1 day early and rub it in it p*sses me of seriously a big company like GAME should get the game on the date not 3 or 4 days early.
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:59 pm

DeltaFlame wrote:
people from Britain purposely Pre order big games from GAME like MW2 and L4D2 because GAME send it out 3-1 day early and rub it in it p*sses me of seriously a big company like GAME should get the game on the date not 3 or 4 days early.

Wal-Mart and Gamestops get theirs 2-3 weeks early
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
KNO1ATALL

Zombification : 9
Brains : 12515

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah, Gamestops in Pennsylvania, New York, and Ohio are cleared by activision to sell MW2.

As the article says: . If you live in one of those Northeastern states, you might want to go ahead and call your local 'Stop to see if it's one of the stores which was granted special permission. If it is, then you can go straight to hell, you lucky jerk.

Article: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/
Back to top Go down
MRSshr00ms
WhatWeKnow

MRSshr00ms

Zombification : 44
Brains : 13625

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:01 pm

so you can get your copy earlier than release date???!!?!!?
Back to top Go down
baddreams12345
Zombie
Zombie
baddreams12345

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm

KNO1ATALL wrote:
Yeah, Gamestops in Pennsylvania, New York, and Ohio are cleared by activision to sell MW2.

As the article says: . If you live in one of those Northeastern states, you might want to go ahead and call your local 'Stop to see if it's one of the stores which was granted special permission. If it is, then you can go straight to hell, you lucky jerk.

Article: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/

If you think this is true then you need to read fourzerotwo's latest tweet.

fourzerotwo ANY store selling #MW2 early is in violation of street date. There are no "special permissions". That said, we won't punish players for it.

Edit: and the article in your link has been updated maybe you should read it.
Back to top Go down
Dr Killshot24
Zombie
Zombie
Dr Killshot24

Zombification : 31
Brains : 11396

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Wow. That's gay. Eff all the ppl in PA, OH, and NY who got it. I'm getting my Prestige Edition at 12AM Monday (Tuesday). They ARE resetting the MP ranks and stats at Midnight on 11.10 but I don't know which time zone. Most likely PDT, bcuz that's where IW is.
Cya on MW2 online!,
Dr Killshot
Back to top Go down
http://slntclan.forumotion.com
baddreams12345
Zombie
Zombie
baddreams12345

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Dr Killshot24 wrote:
Wow. That's gay. Eff all the ppl in PA, OH, and NY who got it. I'm getting my Prestige Edition at 12AM Monday (Tuesday). They ARE resetting the MP ranks and stats at Midnight on 11.10 but I don't know which time zone. Most likely PDT, bcuz that's where IW is.
Cya on MW2 online!,
Dr Killshot

Can you post a link to where it says the stats will be reset?
Back to top Go down
MRSshr00ms
WhatWeKnow

MRSshr00ms

Zombification : 44
Brains : 13625

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:06 pm

@fourzerotwo wrote:
@boyle111 It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages.3:43 PM Nov 1st from Tweetie in reply to boyle111
....couldnt really get the exact url...Smile
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:15 pm

fourzerotwo wrote:
ANY store selling #MW2 early is in violation of street date. There are no "special permissions". That said, we won't punish players for it.
Back to top Go down
baddreams12345
Zombie
Zombie
baddreams12345

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm

DEMON xMYQx wrote:
fourzerotwo wrote:
ANY store selling #MW2 early is in violation of street date. There are no "special permissions". That said, we won't punish players for it.

lol yeah if you take out the "." it changes what he said completely.... sorry i read it wrong.
Back to top Go down
bmaster2000
Undead Master
Undead Master
bmaster2000

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Zombification : 6
Brains : 12212

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm

They are resetetting all score and leaderbaords and ranks and unlocked stuff and class (well everything!) on tuesday Very Happy officially stated by Infinity Ward so it may teach these people a lesson
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

DEMON xMYQx

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm

bmaster2000 wrote:
They are resetetting all score and leaderbaords and ranks and unlocked stuff and class (well everything!) on tuesday Very Happy officially stated by Infinity Ward so it may teach these people a lesson

No they aren't.
fourzerotwo wrote:
Any players who purchased a legit retail copy will not be reset or banned. Only modded / pirate versions will be.
Back to top Go down
bloodshot7x
Human
Human
bloodshot7x

Zombification : -4
Brains : 10660

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTwcojZEGM Very Happy

Last edited by lissa110 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not on topic)
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
KNO1ATALL

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:48 pm

^ Again, please stop posting these videos. Not trying to sound offensive, but nobody cares. We're talking about MW2, not Lip Gloss.
Back to top Go down
bloodshot7x
Human
Human
bloodshot7x

Zombification : -4
Brains : 10660

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

KNO1ATALL wrote:
^ Again, please stop posting these videos. Not trying to sound offensive, but nobody cares. We're talking about MW2, not Lip Gloss.
BUZZ KiLL tongue
Back to top Go down
firevice

firevice

Zombification : 25
Brains : 12816

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:53 pm

bloodshot7x wrote:
Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTwcojZEGM Very Happy
Please try to keep posts on topic
Back to top Go down
http://www.dmclanforum.com
strwrsbob
PS3 Ambassador

strwrsbob

Zombification : 27
Brains : 13481

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:31 pm

so, what do you guys think of the fact the are not resetting the ranks now?

honestly, I think it ridiculous. way for IW to screw themselves again. do I see a boycott in sight? no, people will still play it. it will suck going up against higher ranked players. fortunately, im on the ps3 so I dont have to worry about pirates who got a copy. only people who got legit copies.

I think the reason they did was becasue I saw on kotaku that activision told some gamestop stores in the northeast to sell it early. they even called them and they said "thanks for calling gamestop where you can pick up mw2 now." it even said it on the reciept. All I can say, Im gonna hate ony any high level player I see on day 1 Wink
Back to top Go down
http://specialmonkey.proboards.com
Robotik360
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
Robotik360

Zombification : 25
Brains : 12466

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm

KNO1ATALL wrote:
LOL!!!
Anyways if you get MW2 earlier than everyone you are one lucky bastard Smile
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie
KNO1ATALL

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 am

^ Well said!
If you are one of the few people who got it from a store, you can go straight to hell, you lucjy jerks. Very Happy

Man, wouldn't it be awesome to be playing the game a whole day earlier? ONLY 16 HOURS LEFT, WOOT WOOT!
Back to top Go down
Lust_Sadism
Human
Human
Lust_Sadism

Zombification : 1
Brains : 10690

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:20 pm

DEMON xMYQx wrote:
I want to hear some opinions on Modern Warfare 2 players who played early getting banned. Even the ones who bought their copies legitimately. Post below on what you think. I also want to hear your thoughts on glitchers getting out of maps already. Before the game is even released. So tell me what you think about that also. Thanks!

I think that people who do get their copies early should get banned. It's not fair that they can simply pop it in and play while the rest of us have to wait. I've at least two people in my friends list playing Modern Warfare 2 for at least 4 days. They should be banned from the game, not from xbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.   Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early MW2 player bans, even legit copies, and Glitches.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Call Of Duty Discussion :: Modern Warfare 2-